I had really high expectations for this sequel because the first film in this franchise was really good and the trailers for the follow-up to honor the late actor and character are emotional. There’s a scene that I don’t like that ended one character; a character that I think should return that didn’t happen; and something happened that I initially thought would be great did happen in the ONLY end credit scene (what happened to Marvel’s traditional 2 end credits?) I saw it in Super Emax and will see it again in 3D-IMAX. The screen is lush in colors the way Disney does it best. A bit too long and worth checking out.
4 stars out of 5 (my first viewing; let;s see if I up my rating).
So, I’m a serious #Marvel fan, therefore, I did enjoy the movie and there are many scenes that made me laugh, tear up and clap for all of the Avengers. For the first time, there are NO end credit scenes yet there is an end credit SOUND that must link somehow to the next phase of movies. I have seen it now two times, in IMAX & IMAX 3D; both nice formats. Now, please stop reading because SPOILERS are next:
1. I did NOT like that Nat/Black Widow is I guess, dead? I must research to find out if the character dies in the comic books. I think she may have been snapped back but they don’t know where yet.
2. I was a little surprised that Vision didn’t return in the time travel.
3. Loki is back when the Avengers travel back in time…there’s a scene that he steals a stone and disappears yet he never re-appears…maybe??? So there may be a twist in future movies about that.
4. I was quite surprised that when Thanos travels back in time, he is such a force for the Avengers to fight altogether. Even with Captain Marvel, Captain America with Thor’s hammer, Iron Man and Pepper suited up etc… it was still a losing fight battle against Thanos, smh.
5. I did not like Iron Man dying yet I’ve heard he dies in the comic books.
6. I did not like that Captain America returns back as an old man and gives up his shield to Falcon.
7. I was surprised that the 2 audiences thus far, that I’ve seen it with did not cheer when Falcon got the shield and when Nick Fury was shown at the end (I didn’t notice him when the Avengers returned).
8. Who was the random man standing with the Avengers at Iron Man’s memorial? He’s shown just before the Shield agents, Captain Marvel then Nick.
9. I have to research to find out what the “sound” means at the end of movie. Answer: the sound is the same from ‘Iron Man 1’ when Tony was building his first suit.
10. I noticed that Gamora was not on the ship with the Guardians when they left yet she did fight with the Avenger ladies in the last fight scene.
5 stars out of 5
PG-13 | 3h 1min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | 26 April 2019 (USA)
#AvengersEndgame #Marvel #Disney
Doppelgangers (human clones) are trying to take over the yet it’s a fight to the end. The first hour has spooky scenes yet most scenes made me laugh (and that’s good). The last 30 minutes tries to tie everything in on how the doppelgangers came to be yet it loses it’s steam and the ending isn’t so goo even for a semi sci-fi movie. There’s a twist at the end for a hint of a sequel but it isn’t a good twist. There’s no end credit scene. NOTE: There is a fruit loop cereal eating moment that I just so happened to notice…for the #GetOut fans. I viewed it in IMAX and it was great.
2.5 stars out of 5
R | 2h | Horror, Thriller | 22 March 2019 (USA)
I’m a diehard #Marvel fan and this 3rd installment of an Avengers movie did not disappoint. It was great seeing so many of the Marvel characters in one movie…NOT all of them are in the movie though. Rumor is that the X-Men haven’t been written into the Avengers yet, because help is needed. The movie is great and I have already seen it twice in IMAX 3-D and Dolby. I enjoyed both formats. Shout out to a fave #GOT character, Tyrion/Peter Dinklage with his cameo scene. Yes, I plan to see it again and probably in a different format, Super E-Max. There’s only ONE end credit scene.
5 stars out of 5
PG-13 | 2h 29min | Action, Adventure, Fantasy | 27 April 2018 (USA)
Follow my movie reviews via FB M.U.S.E. Enthusiasts: